Frequently Asked Questions

  • A referral from your doctor is not usually needed for most commercial insurance coverage. Self referrals are acceptable if you have proof of the diagnosis code (reason you are seeking nutrition counseling). For example, if you are being seen for high cholesterol, high blood sugars (diabetes or predabetes) or irritable bowel syndrome, copies of your medical history will be needed as proof of the diagnosis before Nutrition Dynamix can bill insurance. 

    Exceptions include if you are being seen for weight loss, simply weighing you at the appointment and documenting if you are overweight or obese will be proof of diagnosis. Our office can contact your doctor for the documentation needed. 

    All Medicare plans require a doctor referral. Please contact us to learn the easiest way to get a referral.

  • A Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) has completed a minimum
    of a Bachelors Degree in Nutrition from an accredited university and a minimum of 1200 hours of
    supervised practice through an accredited Dietetic Internship. A RD/RDN has successfully
    passed a national board examination by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and must complete
    continuing education to maintain this status. They must also adhere to a Code Of Ethics.

    The title of “Nutritionist” is not a nationally recognized credential. The definition of “Nutritionist”
    varies from state to state. In states without licensure, such as Colorado, anybody can call themselves
    a “Nutritionist” without any formal education or training in the field of nutrition. Therefore, it is
    important to find an accredited RD/RDN and to look for one with expertise in the specialty area you seek.

  • A Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT) has completed advanced clinical training in adverse food reactions including food allergies, food sensitivities, and food intolerances. CLT’s are trained to assist patients with the LEAP Immunocalm Diet protocols. This is based on the results from a Mediator Release Test (MRT) which is a blood test that measures your inflammatory response to different foods and food chemicals. CLT’s have a minimum education of a Bachelors Degree in Nutrition and most are Registered Dietitians.

  • Please bring your health insurance card (if applicable) and driver’s license or proof of identity. If you have not completed the Authorization for Release of Information in you paperwork which allows us to contact your doctor then please bring copies of any recent lab results or tests if available to you. If you would like to keep a food diary for several days with what you are eating and any negative symptoms (if applicable) you are experiencing this is always appreciated. The more information we have, the easier it is for us to help you.

  • Nutrition Dynamix is a Preferred Provider for the following insurance companies:

    • United Health Care (except Navigate, Core, Charter, and Doctors Health plans)
    • UMR
    • All Savers
    • Cigna 
    • Humana
    • Medicare Part B

    We are "out of network" with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. You will be responsible for "self pay" rates, but we can still bill Anthem Blue Cross for partial coverage if applicable.

    Coverage is not guaranteed, but based on your specific insurance plan. We encourage you to educate yourself on nutrition counseling coverage for your plan. We have even developed a helpful form called Will My Insurance Pay to make it easy. For other insurance providers, you are responsible for payment at the time of service. A billing form (Superbill) can be provided to you to submit to your insurance company.

Improve Your Diet ... Improve Your Life