Time to lighten up your dinner table with this healthy, simple recipe for Tofu Stir Fry with Brown Rice. This basic recipe is easy to adapt. Switch up the brown rice for quinoa or other grain alternative. Vegetables can easily be swapped for your favorites and the seasoning can be adjusted by kicking up the spice or adding onions and garlic. This recipe should be a staple in your recipe box!
Tofu Stir Fry with Brown Rice
Time to lighten up your dinner table with this healthy, simple recipe for Tofu Stir Fry with Brown Rice.
- 1 1⁄8 pounds extra firm tofu cubed
- 3 cups broccoli cut into florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups red pepper chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions.
- Press and drain tofu between paper towels to remove excess water.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Add drained tofu and cook until lightly browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove tofu from pan and set aside.
- Add broccoli and red pepper to same pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add snow peas and saute for an additional minute.
- Add tofu back to pan. Add soy sauce and stir to combine, cooking for an additional minute.
- Remove from heat and serve over brown rice.
Cooked Brown Rice:
- Combine rice and water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed then remove from heat.
- Keep covered and steam for an additional 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
Author: Everyday EatLove, Prep Time: 5 minutes, Total Time: 5 minutes, Yield: 3 servings
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 489
- Sodium: 488 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 64 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 27 g
For other healthful dinner recipes, check out: