If you think Japanese handrolls can only be enjoyed at your local sushi restaurant, think again! This simple recipe for Crab & Avocado Nori Handrolls will have dinner on the table in less than 10 minutes. It’s as simple as preparing a quick sandwich!
Pair these Crab & Avocado Nori Handrolls with a side salad for a light meal. Not a fan of crab or looking for a vegetarian option? I swapped out the crab in my recipe for Extra Firm Tofu and added some fresh ginger for a yummy alternative!
Nori is the most common Japanese seaweed. It is dried into sheets and is used to wrap foods. One sheet is almost void of calories, but does offer some Vitamin K and Vitamin A as well as DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) which is a healthy omega-3 fat. Use up any leftover Nori sheets by crumbling them into your next salad or Asian dish for a unique flavor of the sea!Print
Crab & Avocado Nori Handrolls
If you think Japanese handrolls can only be enjoyed at your local sushi restaurant, think again! This simple recipe will have dinner on the table in less than 10 minutes. It’s as simple as preparing a quick sandwich!
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 12 ounces lump crab meat
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 tablespoon lemon, juiced
- 3 dashes salt 3 dashes pepper
- 6 sheets seaweed (nori) wrap cut in half lengthwise
- 3⁄4 avocado sliced
- 3⁄4 cucumber sliced into long strips
- 3⁄4 cup microgreens
- Mix crab ﬁlling ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cut sheet of nori paper on a clean surface. Add 2 tablespoon of crab ﬁlling on one end. Top with avocado slice and microgreens. Roll up until ﬁlling is enclosed.
If eating later, keep crab ﬁlling separate from nori paper and veggies. Wrap up just before eating.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 221
- Sodium: 544 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 22 g
Keywords: crab handroll, sushi recipe, avocado handroll, sushi
For other delicious, healthful recipes, check out some of my favorites:
Like this recipe? Pin it for later!