This easy Black Bean Egg Bake is packed with protein and fiber for a breakfast that will allow your hunger to be controlled all morning long! Step outside your comfort zone of typical breakfast options to explore a new flavor! Prep your ingredients the night before for an even faster meal.
Black Bean Egg Bake
his easy Black Bean Egg Bake is packed with protein and fiber for a breakfast that will allow your hunger to be controlled all morning long!
- Author: Abbie Gellman, MS, RD, CDN, Chef for EatLove
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Breakfast
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 3 cups tomato diced
- 3 cups black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup scallions chopped
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚ F.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add garlic and jalapeno and cook until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and black beans. Season with cumin and salt.
- With the back of a spoon, make slight indent in the mixture and crack the eggs into the indent. Top with black pepper and place into the oven for about 7 to 8 minutes to ﬁnish cooking the eggs.
- Remove from oven and garnish with scallions.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 411
- Sodium: 731 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Protein: 26 g
Keywords: black bean egg skillet, egg skillet, vegetarian skillet
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @nutritiondynamixrd on Instagram
For more vegetarian breakfast ideas, check out:
Like this recipe? Pin it for later!