Do you want to boost your nutrition in the new year? Do you want to help keep your inflammatory levels low? These Kale Salad Stuffed Pitas are a perfect quick meal. The homemade dressing infuses this recipe with a flavorful punch that is free of additives and preservatives unlike many store bought versions. I like to double the salad dressing and save it for other salads throughout the week!
This recipe is packed with plant based protein and fiber along with healthy fat to keep you satisfied all day! Kale is great for heart health and reducing your risk of heart disease and stroke. Kale is a natural source of Nitric Oxide (NO) which helps keep your arteries young and pliable!
Kale Salad Stuffed Pitas
- Author: Eating Bird Food, Chef for EatLove
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 bunch kale, rinsed, de-stemmed, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups shelled cooked and cooled edamame
- 1 lemon juiced, zested
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 dashes salt, to taste
- 2 dashes ground pepper, to taste
- 4 pitas, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup hummus
- Toss together kale salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over kale salad mixture and stir well to combine or use your hands to massage the dressing into the kale.
- To make the pitas: Spread a little hummus inside each pita half, stuff with kale salad and cucumber slices, and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 475
- Sodium: 512 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 69 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 22 g
Keywords: vegan pita, pita sandwich, vegan lunch ideas
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @nutritiondynamixrd on Instagram
For other healthy recipes, check out:
Like this recipe? Pin it for later!