This White Bean Chicken Chili recipe is perfect warm meal on a cold winter day! Anaheim chili peppers provide depth of flavor without too much heat. Would you like to try a vegetarian version? Simply delete the chicken, double the beans and use vegetable broth. Bon appetit!Print
White Bean Chicken Chili
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups white beans
- 2 anaheim chiles roasted, peeled, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 dash salt to taste
- 1 dash pepper to taste
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (optional)
- Roast the two chiles in the oven at high heat until blackened. Peel blackened skin and chop, remove seeds.
- Sauté onion and crushed garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Add oregano, cumin and chili powder; sauté for another minute or so.
- Add chicken broth, shredded chicken, white beans, and chopped Anaheim chiles. Bring to boil, lower heat, and simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro, and sour cream.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 488
- Sodium: 499 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 47 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 36 g
Keywords: chicken chili, white bean chili, chili recipe, healthy chili recipe
For other healthful recipes, check out some of my favorites:
Like this recipe? Pin it for later!